US Department of Defense invests in mobile security
Defense Logistics Agency and US Navy within the US Department of Defense have invested in secure mobile access to email and resources.
The US Navy is implementing a mobility solution that provides secure e-mail and browsing capabilities using Tactivo on iPhone and iPad devices.
- Lack of instant mobile secure access to data and resources
- Poor data quality from using paper notations
- Duplication of processes
- Lack of consistency and compliance to data security
The solution is based on the existing Common Access Card (CAC) infrastructure and adds to the overall usability of the long standing smart card system. Tactivo smart card readers are used with Guardian Cases for extra protection in rough environments (iPad only).
- Implementation of a user friendly application for iPad and iPhone with Tactivo
- Secure e-mail and internet access through two factor authentication (smart card & code)
- Use of existing CAC or PIV infrastructure
- Ensures compliance using on-screen prompts and checks to prevent processes being circumvented
- Guardian Cases protects the devices while ensuring full usability
- Productivity increase
- Improved performance
- Increase in staff morale
Tactivo is a product line of mobile smart card readers for iOS and Android devices that provides convenient and secure access to restricted resources from mobile devices. Tactivo brings true mobility to organizations using smart cards, such as CAC and Personal Identity Verification (PIV). The smart card readers can be used with a wide range of applications that enable many different use cases, such as secure browsing, e-mail, document signing and more.