INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY TO JUNE 2022
- Net sales totaled SEK 24.6 (18.7) million.
- EBITDA totaled SEK 0.9 (–0.8) million.
- The operating profit/loss totaled SEK –4.1 (–4.6) million.
- Earnings for the period totaled SEK –4.3 (–4.6) million.
- Earnings per share totaled SEK –0.11 (–0.13).
- Cash flow from operating activities totaled SEK 3.0 (–1.6) million.
- Net sales totaled SEK 52.9 (39.0) million.
- EBITDA totaled SEK 5.0 (–0.8) million.
- The operating profit/loss totaled SEK –4.9 (–8.4) million.
- Earnings for the period totaled SEK –5.5 (–8.1) million.
- Earnings per share totaled SEK –0.14 (–0.22).
- Cash flow from operating activities totaled SEK 10.1 (–2.3) million.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE QUARTER
- Patrick Höijer took over as the new CEO of the company on June 1, 2022.
- Precise’s shares were consolidated on June 30 (1:10), and the number of shares and votes after the consolidation totaled 39,596,394 shares.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE INTERIM PERIOD
- The Board of Precise Biometrics AB decided on a directed new share issue of a maximum of 3,959,639 ordinary shares, corresponding to 10 per cent of the outstanding shares in the company, to Egis Technology Inc (“Egis”). In addition, subject to the subsequent approval of an extraordinary general meeting, the Board of Directors decided on a preferential issue of a maximum of 6,599,399 ordinary shares, and decided to submit proposals for an authorization of the share issue linked to an enlargement option of a maximum of 2,339,787 ordinary shares. At full subscription of the directed share issue, the preferential share issue and the enlargement option, the company will receive approximately SEK 83 million before issue costs.
- Egis and Precise Biometrics AB have entered into an investment agreement, under which Egis has undertaken to subscribe to the shares in a directed share issue, to guarantee free of charge approximately a quarter of the preferential share issue and to subscribe to shares in the enlargement option to the extent required for Egis’ ownership in the company to amount to approximately 12.0% of the shares in the company after the share issues.
- The Board of Directors of Precise convened an extraordinary general meeting on Monday, September 5, 2022.
FINANCIAL DATA AND KEY INDICATORS
Amounts in SEK thousands unless otherwise stated
|Amounts in SEK thousands unless otherwise stated||Q2||Q2||Q1 – Q2||Q1 – Q2||Full-year||12 mth|
|Net sales growth, %||31.9%||-20.9%||35.8%||-16.5%||-9.8%||14.9%|
|Gross margin, %||78.0%||73.3%||77.3%||75.4%||76.3%||77.2%|
|Operating margin, %||-16.7%||-24.6%||-9.3%||-21.6%||-16.9%||-10.9%|
|Cash flow from the operating activities||592||-1,628||4,263||-2,288||-1,477||5,834|
|Cash and cash equivalents||54,644||62,466||54,644||62,466||64,102||54,644|
See the Financial Glossary for definitions.
INVITATION TO PRESENTATION OF THE INTERIM REPORT
In connection with today’s interim report, Precise invites investors and the media to an informational conference call.
The conference call starts at 10:00 AM (CEST) on August 12.
Link to all public information such as link to webcast and participant number for the telephone conference:
To take part, click on the link above to listen to and follow the presentation online, or call one of the following numbers to follow by phone (Pin: 7688786#).
SE: +46 8 5051 6386
UK: +44 20 319 84884
US: +1 412 317 6300
Participants will be asked to provide their name when connecting to the conference call, and there will be an opportunity to ask questions in Swedish. The conference call will be held in English.
Participating on behalf of Precise:
Patrick Höijer, CEO
Annika Freij, CFO
During my initial period as CEO of Precise, I can confirm that we are standing strong in a turbulent environment. Both our Digital Identity and Algo business segments report a strong Q2 and are growing compared with the same period last year. SaaS revenues increased in Digital Identity, while revenues in Algo grew compared with the same period last year, despite a global decline in demand for mobile phones. In total, revenues grew by 32% to SEK 24.6 million, with an EBITDA of SEK 0.9 million (-0.8). Precise has a strong business model, and we have proven this in the second quarter, and I am now looking forward to being able to accelerate growth in the long term, both within Digital Identity through continued investments and by broadening the profitable business within Algo to new areas of application.
In Algo, we see growth in revenues for the second quarter of SEK 19.1 (17.5) million, with good margins. We are seeing reduced demand for mobile phones due to the macroeconomic situation, although access to components has improved. In addition, new projects won with existing customers contributed to stronger license fees during the quarter. Work to deliver Precise BioMatch to our two customers in the automotive industry is proceeding according to plan.
In Digital Identity, revenues grew by 358% to SEK 5.5 million. The return of many companies to working from the office has driven demand for visitor management systems, with EastCoast achieving its best SaaS sales in a single quarter. We can also confirm an increased use of biometric access solutions in the gym and construction site segments, which is an acknowledgment of the customer need that exists for our solutions, and during the quarter we implemented new installations of YOUNiQ for Algeco and Iver, for example.
The work we are doing is being noticed in the industry, and it is therefore gratifying that our commercial partner Egis has decided to make a strategic investment in Precise. This gives us a significantly stronger financial position, which, together with Egis as a long-term industrial owner, will contribute positively to our growth strategy. By the investment and the deepened cooperation that it means, we will be able to strengthen our product development and explore opportunities to expand our offering within both Algo and Digital Identity over time. I look forward to welcoming Egis as a new owner in Precise and I am also happy that our existing shareholders get the opportunity to participate in a preferential share issue, to the same terms as Egis.
After my first few months as CEO of Precise, it is clear to me that the company has, over a long period of time, built up global, cutting-edge expertise in the field of biometrics, combined with a good ability to apply it to several different application areas. All in all, this provides a strong platform to continue to commercialize in accordance with our strategy. That work has proceeded during Q2, where we are working close to strategic partners within both product segments. Within Algo, we are continuing to develop our product offering and explore how we over time can enter new verticals. We also continue to drive initiatives within Digital Identity to organically grow the SaaS business and are maintaining close dialogues with customers and partners, not least regarding the integration between YOUNiQ and EastCoast. At the same time, we remain flexible to further acquisitions. I am gratified to, together with the team at Precise, lead the company through this exciting phase and capitalize on the increasing demand for biometric solutions.
Patrick Höijer, CEO