PRECISE BIOMETRICS AB (PUBL), CORPORATE IDENTITY NO. 556545-6596
INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY – JUNE 2013
- The group's net sales for the period was SEK 26.0 million (11.4).
- The group's operating result for the period was SEK -12.4 million (-21.5).
- The group's net result for the period was -13.9 (-22.8).
- Earnings per share for the period was SEK -0.05 (-0.12).
- Available cash at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 47.3 million (3.4).
IMPORTANT EVENTS DURING THE QUARTER
- Precise Biometrics has signed a frame agreement with Volkswagen, with an expected duration of several years, for further supply of Tactivos. Volkswagen uses Tactivo as part of their security infrastructure, extending already existing investments for encryption and authentication made for desktop and laptop users to smartphones and tablets.
- Tactivo is the first and so far only mobile smart card reader which has been FIPS 201-certified (Federal Information Processing Standards) for the US Government Service Administration Approved Products List.
- Tactivo for iPad 4th Generation has been MFi (Made For iPad) approved by Apple and launched globally.
- Precise Biometrics launches Tactivo mini for Android. By the launch the company broadens its product offering and will thereby be able to cover most smartphones and tablets that are used by customers in both the private and public sectors.
- Precise Biometrics' rights issue, with preferential rights for Precise Biometrics' shareholders, was oversubscribed. The company was supplied with SEK 48.7 million after issue costs. The rights issue was subscribed to 169.4%. The share issue will finance new orders resulting in increased working capital, develop Tactivo through increased resources for production, product development and sales and marketing efforts.
- Precise Biometrics received follow-up orders for fingerprint readers of SEK 9.9 million from a government customer in the Middle East. SEK 6.5 million of the orders have been delivered and invoiced in the second quarter. The remainder will be delivered and invoiced in the third quarter.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Thomas Marschall, President & CEO, Precise Biometrics AB.
Telephone +46 46 31 11 10, or +46 734 35 11 10 E-mail email@example.com
Patrik Norberg, CFO, Precise Biometrics AB
Telephone +46 46 31 11 47, or +46 734 35 11 47 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Precise Biometrics is a market-leading provider of solutions for fingerprint recognition to prove people's identities. With top-of-the-line expertise in fingerprint verification, Precise Biometrics offers fast, accurate and secure authentication of a person.
The technology adds value to ID, enterprise and bank cards as well as access to mobile solutions (smart phones and tablets), computers and networks.
Precise Biometrics serves business and government organizations throughout the world and its technology is licensed to close to 160 million users.
For more information, please visit www.precisebiometrics.comand www.idApps.com (https://www.precisebiometrics.com).